February 1, 2014

THINK PLAN DO!

Recently on the 100+Project website I wrote a series of posts entitled "THINK PLAN DO!" about some of the steps to get your adventure off the ground.  The series is by no means a step by step instruction guide but you will find some useful insight (I hope).  I've provided the links below if you are interested.



This morning it occurred to me that so much of what ROCK Racing does is from those simple steps. THINK PLAN DO!

The SHITR (check out SuperKate's post about what went down this year.) started out as a crazy idea, that you have embraced whole heartedly, and for that we thank you.  It was planned out and, well the actual "DO!" part was up to you.  I for one am already looking forward to the Turd Annual SHITR, and I know you are as well.

Right now we are all entering into adventure bike training mode because someone thought it would be a good idea to ride the Dirty Kanza 200 this year.  Anyone who knows me knows that I am not the strongest rider and I don't really enjoy "training" on my bike so a 200mile bike race through the Flint Hills of Kansas is really not my thing.  That's why it's good to have a plan, and a whole bunch of people to help keep me focused.  For me this will be a one time event no matter what happens.  It should be a lot of fun for all of us.

We are also the creators of National Adventure Day(s), which takes place over the Columbus day weekend in October.  This is the perfect opportunity to execute a THINK PLAN DO! strategy.  Keep it simple or make it last for three whole days.  What you do with your NADS is your business, but we would like to hear about it, and even see pictures and video if you have them.

There are so many adventures just waiting to be had.  Go find yours!

There is also a new event on the horizon.  Something more relaxed and easy going but still promises to be fun and enjoyable.  More details will follow as they become available.  I will say that there has been very positive feedback from those who know.

Here are those links:



3 comments: